Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Ships, Boats, and Tugs

 

Algoma Central Ry., Maritime Division

"Algosoo" had the keel layed on July 16, 1973, at Collingwood Shipyard, hull 206.  It was launched on July 24, 1974, and christened on November 26, 1974.

"Algosteel" was built by Davie Shipbuilding Co in 1966 as Labrador Steamship Co "A S Glossbrenner".  It was sold to ACRy in 1971 and renumed "Algosteel" in 1987.


American Steamship Co.

"George A Stimson" was built at American Shipbuilding Co hull 907 and launched on July 15, 1978, as National Steel Corp "George A Stimson".  It was sold to Skar-Ore Corp in 1986 and sold to Stinson Inc in 1989.  It was sold to ASCo in 1996 and renamed "American Spirit" on March 14, 2004.


Burnett Steamship Co.

"Gosforth" was built by Hall Russell & Co and launched on September 26, 1961.  It was sold as Quebec & Ontario Transportation Corp "Thorold" in 1972.  It was sold to Transport Desgagnes Inc in 1984 and renamed "Catherine Desgagnes" in 1985.


Canada Steamship Lines Co.

"Spruceglen" was built at Govan Shipbuilders Ltd hull 256 and launched on January 28, 1983.  It was launched on April 15, 1983, as "Selkirk Settler" for Misener Transportation Co.  It was sold to FedNav Ltd in 1991 as "Federal St Louis".  It was renamed "Federal Fraser" in 1991.  It was resold to Prominent Star Ltd in 1995 and resold to M&N Shipping Inc in 1998.  It was returned to FedNav in 1998 and renamed "Fraser" in 2001.  It was sold to  CSL in October 2002 as "Spruceglen".


Deutsche Shell Tanker Gmbh

"Myrina" was built by Harland & Wolff in 1968, #1666. It was retired in 1981 and sold to a South Korea scrap yard in 1982.  It is interesting that there was a new "Myrina" built by Daewoo Heavy Industries in 1995 and sold to V Ships UK as Kensington in 2004 and renamed as Ti Qingdao in 2005.


FedNav, Ltd.

"Federal Fraser" was built at Govan Shipbuilders Ltd hull 256 and launched on January 28, 1983.  It was launched on April 15, 1983, as "Selkirk Settler" for Misener Transportation Co.  It was sold to FedNav in 1991 as "Federal St Louis".  It was renamed "Federal Fraser" in 1991.  It was resold to Prominent Star Ltd in 1995 and resold to M&N Shipping Inc in 1998.  It was returned to FedNav in 1998 and renamed "Fraser" in 2001.  It was sold to Canada Steamship Lines in October 2002 as "Spruceglen".


Florida East Coast Car Ferry Co.

In 1915 it operated a service from Key West, Florida to Havana. After the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 destroyed the FEC Key West Extension, service was transferred to Port Everglades.  Three ferries were operated until WWII when they were requisitioned by the Navy.  After the war FEC did not resume car ferry service.

Henry M. Flagler was built by William Cramp and Sons of Philadelphia in 1914.  Requisitioned by the US Navy for duties in WWII, it was subsequently acquired by West India Fruit & Steamship Co for post-war service.  It was restored its original name.


Golden Eagle Seafoods LLC

"Golden Eagle", factory trawler, was built by Rickmers Werft in Bremerhaven in 1972.


Goodrich Transit Co.

"Christopher Columbus" was built by American Steel Barge Co laid down on September 13, 1882, yard number 00128 at Superior, WI.  It was launched on December 2, 1882, and christened on March 13, 1893, for Columbian Whaleback Steamship Co.  It was sold to Milwaukee & Chicago Transportation Co in 1906 and sold to Goodrich in 1909.  It was out of service in 1933 and sold to William F Price in 1934.  It was sold to Chriscarala Corp in 1934 and scrapped at Manitowoc in 1936.


Great Lakes Fleet, Inc.

"John G, Munson" was built at Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co hull 415 for United States Steel Corp.  It was launched on November 28, 1951, and maiden trip on August 21, 1952.  It became GLF, Inc in 1981.

"Roger Blough" was built at American Shipbuilding Co hull 900 for USSCorp.  The keel was laid September 3, 1968, and launched on June 5, 1972.  The maiden trip was July 15, 1972.  It became GLF, Inc in 1981.

"Edwin H. Gott" was built at Bay Shipbuilding Co for USSCorp.  It was launched on July 19, 1978, and became GLF, Inc. in 1981.


Hornbeck Offshore Transportation

"Brooklyn Service" was built in 1975 as Sheridan Transportation Co "Peggy Sheridan".  It was sold as HOT "Brooklyn Service".


Interlake Steamship Co.

"Herbert C Jackson" was built by Great Lakes Works, Hull 302.  It was launched on February 20, 1959, and made the maiden trip on May 14, 1959.


K&K Warehouse Co.

"Reserve" was built by Great Lakes Engineering Works, Hull 299 as Oglebay-Norton Marine Services Co "Reserve".  It was launched on November 15, 1952, and made the maiden trip on April 22, 1953.  It was sold as K&K "Reserve" in March 2006 and rebuilt by KK Integrated Logistics "James L Kuber" in 2008 as a barge.


KK Integrated Logistics

"James L Kuber" was built by Great Lakes Engineering Works, Hull 299 as Oglebay-Norton Marine Services Co "Reserve".  It was launched on November 15, 1952, and made the maiden trip on April 22, 1953.  It was sold as K&K Warehouse Co "Reserve" in March 2006 and rebuilt by KKIL "James L Kuber" in 2008 as a barge.


Labrador Steamship Co.

"A S Glossbrenner" was built by Davie Shipbuilding Co in 1966.  It was sold to Algoma Central Ry in 1971 and renumed "Algosteel" in 1987.


Milwaukee Tug Boat Line

"Carl" was built by Wolf & Davidson in 1889.  It may have been sold to a Canadian company in 1917 and abandoned in 1922.


Misener Transportation Co.

"Federal Fraser" was built at Govan Shipbuilders Ltd hull 256 and launched on January 28, 1983.  It was launched on April 15, 1983, as "Selkirk Settler" for MTCo.  It was sold to FedNav Ltd in 1991 as "Federal St Louis".  It was renamed "Federal Fraser" in 1991.  It was resold to Prominent Star Ltd in 1995 and resold to M&N Shipping Inc in 1998.  It was returned to FedNav in 1998 and renamed "Fraser" in 2001.  It was sold to Canada Steamship Lines in October 2002 as "Spruceglen".


National Steel Corp.

There is a full page on this company.


Oglebay-Norton Marine Services Co.

"Reserve" was built by Great Lakes Engineering Works, Hull 299.  It was launched on November 15, 1952, and made the maiden trip on April 22, 1953.  It was sold as K&K Warehouse Co "Reserve" in March 2006 and rebuilt by KK Integrated Logistics "James L Kuber" in 2008 as a barge.


Quebec & Ontario Transportation Corp.

"Thorold" was built by Hall Russell & Co and launched on September 26, 1961, as Burnett Steamship Co "Gosforth".  It was sold as Q&OT "Thorold" in 1972.  It was sold to TDInc in 1984 and renamed "Catherine Desgagnes" in 1985.


Sheridan Transportation Co.

"Peggy Sheridan" was built in 1975.  It was sold as Hornbeck Offshore Transportation "Brooklyn Service".


Selvick Marine Towing Co.

Tugs.


Transport Desgagnes Inc.

"Catherine Desgagnes" was built by Hall Russell & Co and launched on September 26, 1961, as Burnett Steamship Coo "Gosforth".  It was sold as Quebec & Ontario Transportation Corp "Thorold" in 1972.  It was sold to TDInc in 1984 and renamed "Catherine Desgagnes" in 1985.


United States Steel Corp.

There is a full page on this company.


West India Fruit & Steamship Co.

The Grand Haven was formerly a Grand Trunk Milwaukee Car Ferry Company vessel used previously in trans-Lake Michigan service. She was built by Craig Shipbuilding Company of Toledo, Michigan in 1903 and appears, from photographic evidence, to be the only ferry in Cuban service fitted with a stern gate, an U.S. Coast Guard requirement for Great Lakes car ferries. She was retired by GTW in 1931 and sold to WIF&SS in 1946.  She was retired by the WIF&SS Co. in 1960.

The Henry M. Flagler was a former Florida East Coast Car Ferry Company vessel, was built by William Cramp and Sons of Philadelphia in 1914 for service between Key West, Florida and Havana, Cuba. Requisitioned by the US Navy for duties in WWII, it was subsequently acquired by WIF&SS Co. for post-war service.  It was restored its original name.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/10/2017

Memorial of Saint Bianor of Pisidia

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

God does not fit in an occupied heart.

-- St. John of the Cross